#NewsInTweets: Upper Caste Grocer Hacks Dalit Couple To Death For Alleged ₹15 Debt

Posted on July 29, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. An upper caste shopkeeper kills a Dalit couple for failing to clear an alleged debt of Rs. 15 in Mainpuri, Uttar Pradesh.

2. Rajya Sabha clears the Compensatory Afforestation Bill, 2016. This will allow the distribution of Rs. 42,000 crore for expanding India’s forest cover.

3. DM of Gopalganj, Bihar says the flood situation is merely water logging.

4. The Modi government has carried out a major reshuffle of the bureaucracy.

5. Due to traffic jams caused by water logging, Gurgaon police asks people to avoid taking the road.

6. The Indian delegation at Mother Teresa’s canonization will be led by Sushma Swaraj.

7. Amid condemnation, Indonesia executes 4 people by firing squad for drug crimes, including three foreigners.

8. WHO is considering declassifying transgender identity as a mental disorder.

9. Hillary Clinton officially accepts the Democratic Party’s nomination for the 2016 Presidential elections.

Featured image for representation only. Source: Google.