#NewsInTweets: Over 19 Lakh People Displaced In Assam Floods, 2.2 Lakh In Shelters

Posted on July 30, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. With 19 lakh displaced and over 2.2 lakh in shelters, the #AssamFlood situation has remained unchanged. Home Minister Rajnath Singh will take an aerial survey of the state today.

2. India has sought help from the US to check if their satellites captured any signals from the missing AN-32 aircraft.

3. Gurgaon top cop has apologised to commuters for the traffic jam and chaos that brought the city to a standstill for 24 hours. Deputy Commissioner TL Satyaprakash added that police personnel have now been deployed to all major intersections.

4. An elephant died after being hit by a train. The state forest department has lodged a case against the loco pilot.

5. A Lucknow village is rooting for Hillary Clinton to become President so that she visits their village, and it is developed.

6. Heavy rains in Bengaluru cause traffic jams, waterlogging on roads and flooding in houses.

7. The US State Department has urged the Indian government to tackle rising intolerance and violence in the country.

Get the top news of the day directly in your inbox!

___

Banner image credit: Haflong Times | Facebook.
Featured image credit: Times Of India | Twitter