#NewsInTweets: Multiple Blasts Rock Saudi Arabia, 4 Killed In Attack In Medina

Posted on July 5, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. 4 people were killed and several wounded in a suicide attack on the Prophet’s Mosque in Medina, Saudi Arabia.

2. Iranian filmmaker Abbas Kiarostami passes away in Paris at the age of 76. He won the Palme D’Or at Cannes for his 1997 film “Taste of Cherry”.

3. The SC has hinted that the ban on sale of diesel vehicles in Delhi may be lifted. Car companies may be permitted to pay one percent of the car’s cost as environment cess.

4. 2000 people have reportedly fallen ill after an Iftar party in Indore.

5. The Madras HC has directed the CBI to probe into the 570 crore seized during Tamil Nadu polls in May near Tirupur.

6. China has banned online platforms from publishing unverified reports.

7. The Juno satellite has been successfully put into orbit around Jupiter. Launched five years ago, this satellite will help scientists to study the planet’s interior.

8. Kozhikode DC has publicly apologised for spat with local MP. N. Prasanth in a Facebook post stated that he “did not intend to insult” Kozhikode MP M.K. Raghavan.

9. Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis move to the quarter finals at Wimbledon in the women’s doubles category.

Featured image credit: Astro Awani.