#NewsInTweets: Man Arrested For Harassing Over 1,500 Women With Lewd Calls And Texts

Posted on July 7, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. A 31-year-old man was arrested in Delhi for harassing over 1,500 women with lewd calls and texts. Mohammed Khalid would call random numbers and start sending pornographic videos and obscene messages if the call was received by a woman.

2. Prakash Javedekar assumes charge of HRD Ministry, emphasises on importance of dialogue to ensure campus peace.

3. Eid-ul Fitr being celebrated with fervour in India today.

4. 231 projects to boost Namami Gange Programme inaugurated in 7 states – Uttarakhand, UP, Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Haryana and Delhi.

5. 13 people were killed and over 30 injured in a road accident in Rajasthan last night.

6. 16 Indian fisherman and 3 boats have been arrested by the Sri Lankan navy in the Palk Strait region for entering Sri Lankan waters.

7. A police constable killed and at least 12 people killed in bomb blast at Eid congregation in Bangladesh.

Featured image for representation only. Source: Peter Macdiarmid/Getty Images