‘No One Killed Blackbuck?’: Twitter Explodes In Disbelief Over Bhai’s Acquittal

Posted on July 25, 2016 in Specials

By YKA Staff:

In what is beginning to seem like a trend, Salman Khan has been acquitted from yet another high-profile case. For those not keeping check of the numerous missteps, misdeeds and allegations against Bollywood’s very own ‘Sultan’, this time Bhai has, once again, evaded the wrath of the Indian judiciary, for two separate incidents in 1998, where he was charged with allegedly shooting two blackbucks and a chinkara. At the time, Bhai was shooting for “Hum Saath Saath Hain” in Jodhpur, Rajasthan.

Last year, Bhai’s conviction in a hit-and-run case, where he ran over a homeless man, was overturned by the Bombay High Court. This is currently being challenged in the Supreme Court.

So right now, the score is: protected animal species – 0, homeless people – 0, Bhai and his magnanimity – 2. Would things would have gone a different way had there been a ‘chinkara raksha dal’?

As you can probably imagine, Twitterverse had a funny, yet poignant, take on things.

Some plausible scenarios were floated:

Shining some light on what’s really messed up:

2017 Eid release, maybe?

Gotta catch ‘em all.

Translation – Salman Khan should become the top Pokemon in Pokemon Go. No one can ever catch him.

Fact or fiction? Hard to tell.

Bhaag Blackbuck Bhaag!

How can we not have someone playing defense?

Still wondering about what happened? This illustration by Maitri Dore seems to put it all in perspective.

maitri salman khan