This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by DrPooja Tripathi. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

5 Reasons Hillary Clinton Will Never Be My Hero (Never Mind Trump)

More from DrPooja Tripathi

By Dr. Pooja Tripathi:

So the American presidential elections are round the corner and it’s disappointing to see what unworthy successors Obama has. From a hate-mongering Donald Trump to untrustworthy Hillary, time for you to have NOTA (None Of The Above) in your electoral roll.

Today I wish to write why I don’t support Hillary ( don’t take it for granted that I support Trump):

To clear any doubts – obviously No Donald Trump: The whole campaign of Donald Trump rests on fear– fear of immigrants, fear of crime, fear of Muslims and Mexicans, fear of the Black Lives Matter movement and fear of the LGBTQ population. He thinks that America’s economy is doomed and only this billionaire has all the answers to America’s problems. If you listened carefully to his closing words at Republic National Convention, you may have wondered what country he was talking to, and about. By saying, “We will build a wall,” he has left out all the moderation and subtlety behind and what’s left is a hate-mongering man whom we all should fear. Nazi salutes, cultural purification, racial supremacy, anti-Muslim rhetoric – what times do we live in where Trump walks on the same land?

Let’s come back to Hillary Clinton and why she is not my hero.

1. Low marks for trustworthiness, thy last name is Clinton: Contrary to her claim that she never sent or received information that was classified at the time from the private server, the FBI found 110 emails to have contained classified information, when sent or received. The results compound her troubles. Cover up just covers up mistake (that too as Secretary of State), it does not rectify it.

2. Benghazi Investigation: I believe that Hillary Clinton failed to adequately protect a U.S. installation in Libya and she attempted to spin the attacks as spontaneous when she knew they were planned terrorist operations.

3. Abuse of Authority, the glorious Clinton Foundation: The beneficiaries who were bestowed with big government posts and special employees come from the Clinton Foundation.

4. Hillary’s informal advisor : Sidney Blumenthal, a seasoned journalist, was an informal advisor to the then-Secretary of State. Informal because Mrs. Clinton apparently wanted to hire him officially but this proposal was turned down by the President himself. His biggest apocalypse was suggesting that the attacks on an American embassy in Benghazi attack was spontaneous which proved wrong later and turned into Obama 2.0’s biggest political mistake. And guess from where Mr. Blumenthal was drawing his pay from as an advisor: yes, you guessed it right- The Clinton Foundation.

5. The Strong Woman mask: I would have admired Hillary if she had walked out of her marriage with then-President Bill Clinton after the infamous Lewinsky scandal. So much for being the ‘Iron Lady‘ and still coming down to same old bullshit – tolerating a man’s adventures just for the sake of marriage. You lead by example and you could have done good without the Clinton last name too. I don’t see you as a role model of a woman who shapes up her own life. Instead you chose to look away when your husband was having scandalous affairs with interns. We understand: marriage and its compulsions. That said, you can never be our hero Hillary.

I know you people don’t have choices, many of you must be saying that a first woman president is better than an Islamophobic lunatic. You can no longer buy into the age-old argument that you have to vote for the lesser of two evils. This is happening for the first time in the history of US Presidential elections that the candidates of the two major political parties have such high unfavourability ratings. The future of this country and the amount of impact it has on the world cannot rest on ignorance.

Gary Johnson of the Libertarian Party comes as a fresh air in this environment of mistrust and hate, an experienced politician. He talks sense on social and economic issues and most importantly he believes in personal freedom, which is the foundation of an inclusive society. And there is Jill Stein of the Green Party and in her own words, “We are basically a party that puts people, planet and peace over profit. And we put forward the real solutions that everyday Americans are just clamoring for.”

Good Luck America. The world is watching you.

P.S. When is Michelle Obama running for President? A non-conformist, strong, committed woman and a perfect wife who does karaoke would be one amazing president.

More from DrPooja Tripathi

By Raj Iyre

By Yash Johri

By Abhinandan Kaul