#NewsInTweets: 412 Cases Of Chikungunya Reported In Delhi In Just A Week

Posted on August 30, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. More than 400 cases of chikungunya registered in Delhi in past week. The disease, which causes joint pain, could replace dengue as the most widespread monsoon ailment, according to health officials.

2. Body of a boy who disappeared two years ago found in Shimla. Yug Gupta was kidnapped in June 2014 and a CID team recovered his skeletal remains in a water tank. They were led there by one of the accused, Vikrant Bakshi.

3. Ministry of Home Affairs says marital rape against young girls not to be criminalized. This is due to ‘social realities’ and the fact that while child marriage is not permitted under the law, they continue to take place.

4. Heavy rain and waterlogging in Gurgaon caused massive traffic jams. Hero Honda Chowk was the most  affected with traffic almost coming to a stop.

5. Two people killed as buildings collapse because of heavy rain in Madhya Pradesh. At least seven more people are injured.

6. 12-year-old boy dies after he was denied admission to a hospital. Sunil Kumar’s son, Ansh, died on his father’s shoulder after being denied a hospital bed and a stretcher. No medical staff helped his father carry him to a children’s hospital.

7. Willy Wonka actor and comedian Gene Wilder passes away at 83. He was best known for his role as Willy Wonka in the adaptation of Roald Dahl’s classic book as well as his role in Young Frankenstein. 

_

Get the top news of the day directly in your inbox!