Released Today, Twitter Users Are Neither Loving Nor Hating Mohenjo Daro

Posted on August 12, 2016 in Culture-Vulture

By YKA Staff:

Ashutosh Gowariker’s film “Mohenjo Daro” has been making waves right from the moment the trailer hit the ground. It follows the story of a farmer (Hrithik Roshan) who travels to the great city of Mohenjo Daro in the Indus Valley Civilisation (remember 7th standard history?) and falls in love with a woman of ‘high status’ (Pooja Hegde). Thrown in the middle are horse driven chariot races, feathery headdresses and some crocodile shenanigans.

Accused of historical inaccuracies right from the costumes to the fact that they probably didn’t even have horses back then, the film looked like it might have an interesting (and rough!) start. If Hrithik Roshan on a boat with a crocodile jumping over him is not an initiative to watch a film, what is?

Here are a few tweets where people let rip on their Mohenjo Daro experience:

Hrithik, I think your ‘urbane’ is showing:

An excellent point:

Fight with his eyes AND swim like a God?

Yeah, that flying crocodile agrees:

Twitter cheerleading!

Well, maybe not everyone:

Some people unabashedly love it:

Some people want us to live their experience

And some are pretty clear where they stand:

Yeah…

And some people are waiting for the ‘real reviews’:

Or not:

Ashutosh Gowariker’s new epic might have gotten the historian’s hopping mad, but look at the bright side: think of all the great ‘strides’ Hrithik’s career will make because of this!