#NewsInTweets: Gau Rakshaks Strip, Beat 2 Dalit Men In Andhra For Skinning Dead Cow

Posted on August 10, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. Two Dalit men stripped and beaten by “gau rakshaks” in Andhra for skinning a dead cow. The cow vigilantes believed they killed the cow, though the police have said the men were hired to skin the cow after it died of electrocution.

2. Michael Phelps wins his 21st gold medal at the Olympics, making his Olympic medal tally 25 in total.

3. Archer Atanu Das qualifies for Rio round of 16. Meanwhile, rower Dattu Bhokanal and shooter Heena Sidhu are out of the medal race.

4. Rs. 5000 ‘collective fine’ imposed on every household in a Bihar village for violating the liquor ban.

5. Shashi Tharoor to raise question of lateral entry into civil services today.

6. Maharashtra govt. to book Zakir Naik for hate speech.

7. J&K govt. curbs movement of vehicles during the night, especially in north Kashmir.