#NewsInTweets: Accused Of Theft, Dalit Man Beaten To Death In UP

Posted on August 11, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. A 22-year-old Dalit man accused of theft was beaten to death in U.P. Police deny caste based violence.

2. Boxer Manoj Kumar and archers Deepika Kumari and Bombayla Devi qualify for pre-quarters of their respective events at Rio Olympics.

3. Haryana cow commission to issue identity cards to cow protectors following fake cow vigilantes extorting money from truckers.

4. A man in Mumbai has been arrested for throwing 11 puppies in the garbage bin under the Animal Cruelty (Prevention) Act.

5. Alert in Atari after inputs of possible terror attack on the Pakistan side of the Attari-Wagah border around Independence Day.

6. An Air India pilot was arrested for smuggling gold worth Rs. 15.65 lakh in Mumbai.

7. Two men allegedly abducted and gang-raped a 16-year-old girl from Gurgaon for two days.