#NewsInTweets: Man Bleeds To Death On Delhi Street As People Just Pass By, Steal Phone

Posted on August 12, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. A bleeding man struck by a three wheeler goods carrier was left to die on Delhi street ignored by police van and passersby.

2. Curfew imposed on Kashmir after separatists call for complete shutdown till August 18. Calling facilities available only on post paid BSNL connections. All internet facilities on mobile phones suspended.

3. App based cab services Ola, Uber and others asked to stop surge pricing by the Delhi High Court. Services instructed to not charge more than stipulated rates set by the Delhi Government after Aug 22.

4. Amended Maternity Benefit Bill passed by Rajya Sabha extends leave from 12 to 26 weeks for 2 children. Bill likely to benefit more than 1.8 million women in the organised sector.

5. India’s 1st victory in Badminton at the Olympics comes as PV Sindhu wins easy against Hungarian Laura Sarosi.

6. Senior BJP leader Brijpal Teotia in critical condition after being shot in Ghaziabad. Four men shot at the leader’s SUV and he sustained five bullet injuries.

7. Arianna Huffington steps down as Editor-in-Chief of the Pulitzer winning site The Huffington Post. She is moving onto focus on her new health, wellness and productivity start-up Thrive Global.

8. Two blasts heard at a Thai resort in Hua Hin after 1 killed & 21 wounded by two bomb blasts hours before in Bangkok.

9. AAP offers Irom Sharmila party ticket to contest for CM in Manipur Assembly elections in 2017. Sharmila broke her 16 year fast on Aug 9 after protesting against the army presence under AFSPA.