By YKA Staff:
What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:
1. An expert committee has reported to the National Green Tribunal that the Yamuna riverbed has been completely destroyed by Sri Sri Ravi Shankar’s World Cultural Festival, held in March this year.
2. Two army men and one J&K police personnel were killed after militants attacked a convoy Tuesday night.
3. Badminton player PV Sindhu qualified for semi finals at Rio Olympics after defeating World No. 2 Wang Yihan.
4. India’s largest taxi aggregator, Ola, has shut down its TaxiForSure (TFS) business and has laid off 700 employees.
5. 2 children and a young man were killed by kite string (manja) in separate incidents in Delhi on Independence Day. Delhi govt. has imposed a ban on Chinese-made kite string.
6. Arvind Kejriwal run Delhi Govt. announced a 50% hike in minimum wage, AAP’s Trade Wing has opposed this move.
7. Google launches Google Duo, the Android version of Apple’s Facetime. It can be used between 2 Android or 1 Android and 1 Apple device.
Get the top news of the day directly in your inbox!
Youth Ki Awaaz is an open platform where anybody can publish. This post does not necessarily represent the platform's views and opinions.