#NewsInTweets: Mangalore Uni. Rents Out Auditorium For BJP Event, Students’ Union Protests

Posted on August 21, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. Students’ body seeks action against Mangalore University for renting out an auditorium for an event presided by Amit Shah. The All College Students’ Association has said this is a “political programme” and the university should not allow it. The event will see Shah flag off a tiranga rally in the city on the occasion of the “Balidana Smarane” programme.

2. “Speedy justice still a distant dream,” said Chief Thakur T. S. Thakur in Shimla, adding that upgradation of judiciary is a must to face the challenges of the social and economic scenario currently.

3. Heavy rain in MP and Rajasthan takes 20 lives.

4. Arvind Kejriwal addressed a rally in Goa and said the state can show the way ahead for sustainable mining.

5. Brother of Omran Daqneesh killed in Aleppo airstrike. Footage of the 5-year-old Omran shook the world earlier this week, after he was rescued from a rubble.

6. The Brazil football team wins gold at the Olympics, defeating Germany. The whole nation was emotional after this moment in history.

7. 22 killed and 94 injured in an explosion in Turkey.

Get the top news of the day directly in your inbox!