By YKA Staff:
What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:
1. Two men were allegedly beaten to death by cops for refusing to pay a Rs. 100 bribein Agra. According to reports, their bodies were dumped in a pond to make it look like they drowned, but post-mortem reports indicate assault. Four policemen and two home guards have been suspended.
2. A Delhi University professor allegedly ran over a 10-year-old boy with her car while talking on the phone. The professor rushed the boy to the hospital but he succumbed to his injuries.
3. PM Modi will be conducting his first ever townhall at the Indira Gandhi Stadium Complex in New Delhi today.
4. According to a report by the Association for Democratic Reforms and National Election Watch, 24 of 78 ministers in the Narendra Modi cabinet have criminal cases registered against them.
5. BJP leader Vijay Rupani was selected to become the next CM of Gujarat, he will be sworn in on Sunday.
6. The 2016 Olympics in Rio were officially commenced with an opening ceremony at the Maracana stadium.
7. At least 13 were killed and 6 injured in a bar fire in France. The fire broke out at a birthday party at the bar in the city of Rouen in Normandy.
Youth Ki Awaaz is an open platform where anybody can publish. This post does not necessarily represent the platform's views and opinions.