By YKA Staff:
What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:
1. Women to be allowed to enter Haji Ali Sanctum. Bombay HC lifted the ban on women entering, calling it illegal. It has however stayed its order for another six weeks, case to be taken up in Supreme Court.
2. Government announces ‘Task Force’ for next three Olympic Games. The PMO has asked the sports ministry to submit detailed report.
3. Two medium intensity earthquakes hit Himachal Pradesh in the morning. Epicenter is in the Kullu region, the first quake measure 4.6 on the Richter scale.
4. A funeral procession in Jabalpur carried the body through a pond. Allegedly, some upper caste people refused to let them pass through their field.
5. Three elephants killed, run over by a train in West Bengal. Two elephant calves and their mother were knocked down by the Khargarpur-Adra Passenger train.
6. 18 year old killed when police opened fire on protesters in Kashmir. The police detained top Hurriyat leaders and stopped a separatist march.
7. CM orders probe into disappearance of iconic tiger ‘Jai’. The tiger, 7 years old, was last seen in Umred Karhandla sanctuary in Maharashtra.
8. Polish Olympian sold his silver medal to save boy ailing from eye cancer. Piotr Malachowski sold his medal to the siblings Dominika and Sebastian Kulczyk, among the richest people in Poland.
Get the top news of the day directly in your inbox!