#NewsInTweets: ISRO Test Launches ‘Scramjet Engine’, World’s 3rd To Have This Technology

Posted on August 28, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. ISRO successfully test launches indigenously made supersonic combustion ramjet engine in Sriharikota today from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre. Scramjet engines ignited 55 seconds into rocket’s flight, likely to bring down the launch cost.

2. 27-year-old in Delhi was beaten by a group of people after he stopped them from harassing women on the street. The victim alleged that the police watched but did nothing to stop the assault.

3. 47-year-old Malaysian woman is the first one to locally contract the Zika virus in Singapore. The patient had not travelled to any other Zika-affected areas; is currently well and recovering.

4. West Indies defeated India by 1 run in a thriller of a T20 match with the 3rd highest total in the format. K.L Rahul remained not-out with 110 in his fourth T20 match; hit 12 fours and 5 sixes.

5. 6-month-old allegedly kidnapped from Delhi hospital, the mother later found baby at a bus stop near Model Town.

6. 51st day of curfew in Kashmir, death toll reaches 71 – 68 civilians and 3 policemen; 11,000 injured. Local businesses are said to have taken a hit; losses amount to Rs. 7500 crores.

7. 12 coaches of the Thiruvananthapuram-Mangaluru Express derailed; no reported injuries.

_

Get the top news of the day directly in your inbox!

_

Banner and featured image source: Ranjiv Kurup/Twitter