#NewsInTweets: Heavy Rains Lash Delhi And Gurgaon, Hundreds Stranded

Posted on August 31, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. Heavy rainfall brings Delhi, Gurugram to a halt; Delhi Traffic Police issues regular updates to ease traffic.

2. A 20-year-old engineering student was beaten to death by her ex-boyfriend in a classroom in Chennai. He came drunk and followed her into the classroom where he attacked her with a log, leaving her in a pool of blood.

3. A whopping number of 8358 cases of scheduled caste atrocities have been recorded in Uttar Pradesh.

4. Typhoon Lionrock hits Northen Japan; nine reportedly found dead. 

5. Maharashtra State Govt. ensures students who fail SSC, eligible for skill development course.

6. Spokesman and chief ISIS strategist Al-Adnani killed while overseeing operations in Syria.

7. 432 cases of chikungunya, 487 cases of dengue; Union Health minister Nadda assures help. Govt caps Rs. 600 to Rs.1500 for tests to confirm chikungunya.

_

Get the top news of the day directly in your inbox!

_

Banner, featured and thumbnail image source: Arif Khan, Fayaz Peer/Twitter