#NewsInTweets: Over 10,000 Dalits Protest Against Upper Caste Atrocities In Ahmedabad

Posted on August 1, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. Over 10,000 Dalits gathered in Ahmedabad to protest atrocities by upper castes. Rajdeep Sardesai has said it will have a greater impact in UP and Punjab especially as the elections are approaching.

2. A massive Taliban truck bomb struck a hotel for foreigners on the outskirts of Kabul. No immediate word on casualties has been reported.

3. A 16-year-old girl in East Delhi was allegedly raped by two youths who then set her on fire.

4. An AAP MLA in Delhi has been arrested in connection with a party worker’s suicide.

5. Over 10,000 people were killed in 2015 in India due to poor condition of roads.

6. 1 person was killed and 4 injured in two separate incidents of shooting in Austin, Texas.

7. 7 people were killed in Mogadishu in a militant attack on a Somali police base.

Get the top news of the day directly in your inbox!

___

Featured image credit: Rajdeep Sardesai and Indian 24 News | Twitter.
Banner image credit: Feminism in India | Twitter.