#NewsInTweets: ‘Paternity Leave Will Just Be Holiday For Men,’ Says Maneka Gandhi

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. Women and Child Development Minister [envoke_twitter_link]Maneka Gandhi said that increased paternity leave will be no good as men will use it as a holiday[/envoke_twitter_link] and not for child care.

2. [envoke_twitter_link]Home Minister Rajnath Singh to begin two day visit to Srinagar[/envoke_twitter_link]. He plans to hold talks with a cross section of people.

https://twitter.com/DDNewsLive/status/768259087817596929?lang=en

3. [envoke_twitter_link]A 3-year-old boy was crushed under the wheels of his school van in Delhi[/envoke_twitter_link]. The driver of the van ran over Abhiral while reversing the car, right after he had dropped him.

4. An [envoke_twitter_link]earthquake of magnitude 6.2 hit Rome[/envoke_twitter_link], at least 4 people have been reported killed.

5. A [envoke_twitter_link]boat carrying 25 people capsized in Aurangabad in the middle of the Bihar floods[/envoke_twitter_link]. 6 people have been rescued, 18 remain missing.

6. [envoke_twitter_link]Supreme Court to hear plea by Rahul Gandhi in defamation case today[/envoke_twitter_link]. Gandhi has earlier said that members of the RSS were responsible for Mahatma Gandhi’s assassination.

7. [envoke_twitter_link]Sakshi Malik to be brand ambassador of Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao campaign[/envoke_twitter_link].

8. [envoke_twitter_link]North Korea fired a ballistic missile from a submarine which fell into the Sea of Japan[/envoke_twitter_link]. Japan’s PM called it a “reckless act”.

Get the top news of the day directly in your inbox!