The Absurd Reason Why Trolls Are Asking Actor & Politician Ramya To ‘Go To Pakistan’

By YKA Staff

Divya Spandana aka Ramya is a Kannada actor-turned-politician who recently attended the 1st SAARC Young Parliamentarians Conference in Islamabad, Pakistan.

After her experience at the conference, she reportedly said, “Pakistan is not hell. People there are just like us. They treated us very well.”

What Ramya said came just a few days after Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar said, “Going to Pakistan is like going to hell.”

Following this, it was reported that a complaint was filed against Ramya by a lawyer under several sections of the IPC, including 124-A (sedition).

She has since been trolled incessantly for a comment aimed at fostering peace between India and Pakistan.

If this wasn’t enough, people are also asking Ramya to go to Pakistan.

Ramya Pakistan

Jaggesh, a Kannada actor and politician, has also chimed in and said, “People who have not studied and don’t have any experience are praising Pakistan. They should be given a peace prize, maybe a Nobel.” He also added that those supporting anti-national sentiments are “mosquitoes and bedbugs” and should be destroyed with poison.

Ramya meanwhile has been a winner throughout. She has refused to apologise and said, “I have done nothing wrong. I am entitled to my views and that is what democracy is about.”

She even used a verse from the Gita to send a message to haters who (believe it or not) staged protests against her.

Thankfully, many people are also seeing how ridiculous the reaction has been to this, and are standing up for Ramya.

Just last week, actor Richa Chadha was also subjected to trolling for a comment involving Pakistan. When fellow actor Fawad Khan was asked about the cultural differences between India and Pakistan she intervened to say, “I will have far more in common with Fawad because I am from the North of India than I will have with somebody who is a Tam Brahm or maybe Malayali or from the North East. I think we should avoid stereotyping in questioning or creating some kind of contradiction here because the whole intent and especially art does not really have any borders.”

And for trying to talk about inclusion, Richa was subjected to hate.

And after ALL of this, we say we aren’t intolerant?

By Esha Tomar

By Ankit Raghav

By Anjali Singhvi