#NewsInTweets: Indian Athletes Win Gold & Bronze Medal In Men’s High Jump At Paralympics

Posted on September 10, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. Rio Paralympics: India’s Mariyappan and Bhati win gold and bronze respectively for high jump.

2. SC refuses to stay Delhi HC verdict calling LG Jung as the ‘administrative head’. This comes as a major setback to the Kejriwal-led government who has battled Jung over the issue.

3. For the first time in 2 years, Army redeploys troops in worst protest-affected areas in Kashmir. This comes after the recent surge in violence and deaths costing 50-70 lives.

4. Zakir Naik’s controversial NGO had donated Rs 50 lakh to the Rajiv Gandhi Charitable Trust in 2011.

5. In what is seen as a breakthrough agreement, US and Russia have formally agreed to a ceasefire in Syria after more than 5 years of war.

6. Two car bombs exploded outside Baghdad mall, killing at least 12 and injuring more than 40. ISIS has claimed responsibility for the twin suicide bombings.

7. JNU’s Student Union elections saw it’s highest turnout in 3 years. Public interest has been at a peak ever since the JNU-sedition row.

8. World Bank: Cost of air pollution-related illnesses and deaths amount to $255 billion.

9. Following the US, the DGCA has banned the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 onboard aircraft amid several battery explosions.

_

Get the top news of the day directly in your inbox!

_

Image source: Atsushi Tomure, Hagen Hopkins/Getty Images