#NewsInTweets: Left Alliance Victorious In JNU, No Seats For ABVP

Posted on September 11, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. Left unity triumphs in JNU in all 4 seats as ABVP wins in 3 out of 4 seats in DU. This year’s polls in JNU had seen the highest turnout in 3 years.

2. AAP MLA Amantullah Khan accused of sexual harassment by his sister-in-law. This comes amidst a recent spate of sex scandals that has rocked Delhi’s ruling party.

3. 2 killed and more than 120 wounded in Kashmir Valley as forces crack down on protesters.

4. Karnataka moves SC to modify its earlier order to release Cauvery river water to Tamil Nadu. This comes after rhetoric over the river has escalated following a statewide bandh in K’taka.

5. Afghan Prez Ashraf Ghani vows to close Pak transit route if barred to trade with India using Wagah. Pakistan’s route to Central Asian countries is pivotal as Kabul steps up bilateral relations with New Delhi.

6. 4.1 magnitude earthquake hit Haryana yesterday as Delhi-NCR felt tremors. No casualties reported yet.

7. At least 24 dead and more than 70 injured due to fire as boiler explodes in Bangladesh factory. Concerns over these factories have long posed a question over its safety.

8. 9/11: Today marks 15 years since the terror attack on the World Trade Center in New York.

9. Nearly 2 Million Muslims Have Descended in Saudi Arabia for the annual Hajj pilgrimage. Iran has boycotted the 5-day pilgrimage over safety concerns.

10. At least 100 killed in Syria due to airstrikes after US and Russia announce ceasefire. The ‘breakthrough’ ceasefire will be effective sundown Monday.

_

Get the top news of the day directly in your inbox!

_

Image source: Vipin Kumar/Hindustan Times via Getty Images