#NewsInTweets: AMU Expels Kashmiri Student Over FB Post With ‘Anti-National Sentiment’

Posted on September 20, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. A Kashmiri student studying in AMU was expelled for posting ‘objectionable’ comments on Facebook regarding the Uri terror attack. The student later apologised but the university has refused to take back the expulsion.

2. Gau Rakshaks in Gurgaon applied for arms license. This is to safeguard them from the apparent threats they are facing from armed cow smugglers.

3. A man from Mathura finally returned home after being stranded in Saudi Arabia for four months. He was promised a job by an agent who later seized his passport and started putting pressure on him for Rs 3 to Rs 7 lacks.

4. India launched its first internet hotline to curb the surge in child pornography.

5. 1,568 cases of Chikungunya have been reported in a week marking an increase of nearly 150 percent over the preceding week.

6. An Indian journalist was asked to leave the Pakistan Foreign Secretary’s press briefing in New York.

7. 3 people are dead while 3 more went missing on Sunday in flash floods in Kozhikode, Kerala.

Get the top news of the day directly in your inbox!

_

Image source: WordPress