#NewsInTweets: Muslim Board Tells SC That Triple Talaq Stops Men Killing Wives

Posted on September 3, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. Muslim Board to SC on triple talaq: Men are are more likely to control emotions. According to the board, the measure will prevent men from burning or killing wives.

2. Prime Minister Narendra Modi is in Hanoi to hold bilateral talks with the Vietnam PM. The East Asian outreach will take him to China and Laos as well.

3. Former MP, Navjot Singh Sidhu floats new political party in Punjab called Awaaz-e-Punjab. The surprise announcement comes after much speculation about a possible future at AAP.

4. Bombay High Court panel scraps applications for beef monitors. Received under a ‘special drive’ launched by the government, it has now been effectively placed on hold.

5. Samsung to recall its Galaxy Note 7 globally amid rising incidents of exploding batteries. This comes just days before an expected iPhone launch by Apple.

6. Man in Odisha had to carry his daughter’s dead body after ambulance dumped them midway.

7. Northwestern Pakistan sees two separate militant attacks in one day killing 18. While one incident was in a Christian colony, the other was in the district court of a town called Mardan.

8. Air India pilot under scanner due to ‘extreme mood swings’ resulting in the risk of 200 lives.

_

Get the top news of the day directly in your inbox!

_

Banner and featured image: Reuters/Amit Dave