#NewsInTweets: 3 Men Allegedly Attack 17-Year-Old Girl With Acid At Home In Odisha

Posted on September 5, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. A teenage girl was attacked with acid at her residence in Odisha. At least three people on a bike threw acid on her and she has sustained 60 percent burn injuries and is currently under observation.

2. President Mukherjee will take a special class for students on Teacher’s Day. The President will interact with student’s of classes XI and XII of Dr. Rajendra Prasad Sarvodaya Vidyalaya and the event will be broadcast on DD News.

3. London replica burned on anniversary of Great Fire of London. The wooden replica was  torched on the River Thames on the 350th anniversary of the Great Fire.

4. A letter written to regarding death of Amity student Sushant Rohilla will be taken up as PIL. The protest against Sushant’s death had become widepsread in social media under the hashtag #JusticeForSushant.

5. Anti immigrant party beats Angela Merkel in her home district in Germany. The party known as AfD (Alternative for Deustch) are known for its anti-refugees as well as anti-Islam stance.

6. Both chikungunya and dengue are peaking in Delhi this season. Chikungunya, which has never been a big worry, has seen an unusually high number of cases this year, though this variant appears to be curing faster.

7. Kashmir separatist leader refuse to meet a delegation that had gone to meet them. The delegation was led by Home Minister Rajnath Singh, whose delegation was turned away from meeting any of the leaders.

_

Get the top news of the day directly in your inbox!

_

Image source: Hindustan Times/ Getty Images