#NewsInTweets: SC Orders Tata To Return Land In Singur, Farmers Rejoice

Posted on September 1, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. Singur celebrates Supreme Court’s verdict. Lands to be returned back to the farmers by Tata Group. The apex court directed West Bengal govt. to distribute the land to the owners within 12 weeks.

2. 13 Indians are infected by the Zika virus in Singapore, confirmed the Indian foreign ministry. The most affected in the city-state are the foreign workers at construction sites.

3. AAP minister Sandeep Kumar was sacked by Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal right before a video, that comprises the minister’s sexcapades, was leaked in the media.

4. India has 1 doctor for every 1674 patients, leaving the health management sector in dire crisis.

5. 2 Ola cab drivers were arrested for allegedly raping and murdering a minor pavement-dweller in Kolkata. The girl was abducted around 4 am on Wednesday.

6. Due to the continuous rains in Delhi, the road from India Gate towards Ashoka Road has caved in.

7. A lab attendant of Banaras Hindu University was arrested for allegedly sodomising an MA student. A probe panel has been made with the Head of Medicine and Science Department, Professor Jai Prakash Ojha leading the committee.

_

Get the top news of the day directly in your inbox!

Image source: Indranil Bhoumik/Mint via Getty Images