#NewsInTweets: Two Indian Teachers Rescued From Libya After A Year Of Abduction

Posted on September 15, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. Two Indian teachers who were abducted in Libya last year have been rescued. T Gopalakrishna and C Balaramkishan were kidnapped by a group in Libya which owes allegiance to the Islamic State.

2. Mild intensity earthquake hits the Andaman islands. It measured around 5.1 on the Richter Scale and it hit around 2.am at night.

3. A Kashmiri human rights activist has said that he was prevented from boarding a flight to Geneva. He was on his way to attend the United Nations Human Rights Commission session when he was disallowed from boarding.

4. Curfew lifted after two days of unrest in Bengaluru. Security is tight in certain areas and total normalcy has not be restored as yet, especially for transport to Tamil Nadu.

5. The Supreme Court has dismissed a PIL which sought to stop funds and facilities to the separatists. It also stated that it did not agree with the term ‘separatists’ as a ‘class of people’.

6. A rocket fired by Palestinians landed in the border region in Israel. The military has reported no casualties and as of yet, have no returned fire.

7. A 32-year-old man from Florida has been arrested for setting fire to a mosque of Fort Pierce. the mosque is rumoured to have been attended by the gunman behind the Orlando nightclub shootings, Omar Mateen.

_

Get the top news of the day directly in your inbox!

_

Image Source: Getty Images, Ravi Kumar C/Twitter