#NewsInTweets: 5 Men Gang Rape Two Teens In Delhi, Police Arrests 4

Posted on September 16, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. Two teens were gangraped by 4-5 youths in Aman Vihar in Delhi. They had gone to meet their boyfriends and the youths beat and tied their boyfriends before assaulting them. The police have arrest 4 people so far.

2. A bandh called by farmers in Tamil Nadu over the Cauvery dispute is in effect today. Police personnel have been deployed across the state and security has been tightened.

3. Lawyer Prashant Bhushan likely to file a petition seeking cancellation of bail of  Mohammad Shahabuddin. Shahabuddin was granted bail after ten years in jail by the Patna Nigh Court.

4. Controversial new rules drafted by premier law institute WBNUJS in Kolkata. The rules state things like preventing family members from acting against the government.

5. IAF has informed families of those aboard its missing aircraft that they are to be presumed dead. The aircraft went missing on July 22, above the Bay of Bengal and a search is ongoing for the wreckage.

6. Two people assaulted by  gau rakshaks while going to dump remains of animals sacrificed on Bakrid. One is a madrasa teacher, the other a van driver and they both have been admitted to a private hospital where their conditions are ‘critical but stable’.

7. Dwarka in South Delhi has the maximum number of chikungunya cases, with 20 being reported so far. The high number of cases is also down to high reporting of cases, according to doctors.

_

Get the top news of the day directly in your inbox!

_

Image Source: Getty Images