#NewsInTweets: Women Should Be Allowed To End Pregnancy “Regardless Of Reason”

Posted on September 21, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. Bombay HC has stated that a woman prisoner be allowed to terminate her pregnancy  .The division bench observed that it was a woman’s sole right to do what she wants to with her body and the Medical Termination of Pregnancy Act must also include the mental health of a woman.

2. Seven students were killed after a DAV bus fell into a canal in Punjab. 15 more students were also injured and the school management were booked for what parents alleged was ‘rash driving’.

3. India is unlikely to introduce the vaccine for dengue soon due to limited data for trials. The vaccine, known as Dengvaxia has already been released in places such as Mexico and the Phillipines.

4. US introduces a bill that would make Pakistan a state sponsor of terrorism. The bill would require the Obama administration to reply to it within 90 days.

5. A man threw a 23-year-old woman off a balcony in Delhi for refusing to marry him. The woman has been admitted to the general ward of Delhi’s Ambedkar hospital while police have arrested the man in question.

6. Students of Ghana university have demanded the removal of a statue of Gandhi. According to them, Gandhi was racist against black people, calling them ‘kaffirs’ (a derogatory term) in his letters.

7. Delhi Govt. announces that every road in Delhi will be fogged to make it mosquito free. This is coming into action after a sharp increase in mosquito-borne diseases such as chikungunya, dengue and malaria this season.

_

Get the top news of the day directly in your inbox!

_

Image Source: Shrinivas Sankaran / FlickR