#NewsInTweets: Pune NGO Reveals It Has Addressed 41 Cases Of Child Sexual Abuse This Year

Posted on September 22, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. Childline, a helpline for child abuse in Pune, had received 41 cases of child sexual abuse this year. According to its director, such incidents are on the rise and often involve either relatives or other minors.

2. Aung San Suu Ki made her first address to the UN General Assembly. Among other things, she addressed long-standing concerns regarding the troubled Rohingya Muslim community.

3. India accuses Pakistan of being a ‘terrorist state’. In a rebuttal to Nawaz Sharif’s address to the UN, India has accused Pakistan of carrying out ‘war crimes against the state.

4. Tolls to be scrapped on smaller roads or bridges developed at cost of less than 100 crore. This is unlikely to come to much relief for the commuter because such roads are likely to be fewer in number.

5. Supreme Court judges appointment continues in a stalemate. Justice  Chelameswar continues to boycott the session unless the process is made transparent.

6. One militant has been killed in an encounter in Bandipora in J&K. The operation is currently underway, after security personnel were informed about possible militant presence.

7. Karnataka may defy SC’s order to release Cauvery waters after public outrage. This may lead to a constitutional deadlock where the state government may be dismissed and President’s Rule may be imposed.

_

Get the top news of the day directly in your inbox!