By YKA Staff:
What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:
1. A Navy recruitment drive in Mumbai saw stampedes when 50,000 people showed up to apply. At least four people have been injured in the chaos.
2. Statewide bandh in Karnataka following Cauvery protests. It’s the second bandh in the state in less than a week’s time.
3. US based charity targets spinning mills in India to end fashion industry slavery. It will also assess worker conditions and help the mills implement policies to improve the same.
4. Seismic activity in North Korea indicates possible nuclear tests. It is possible that North Korea may have carried out its fifth and biggest nuclear test.
5. Before Bakrid, Maharashtra has directed police to make sure gau rakshaks don’t carry out raids. The circular is issued by the office of the Director General of Police which also asks for checks to make sure the animal being sacrificed are goats and not bovines.
6. Centre refuses to hold fresh talks with separatists. According to the Centre, its first objective is to establish the primacy of the state.
7. Hawai has a plan to help the coral reefs recovers from bleaching. Vast stretches of reef have turned white in recent times because of rising ocean tempreture.
Get the top news of the day directly in your inbox!
Image source: ANI_news/Twitter
Youth Ki Awaaz is an open platform where anybody can publish. This post does not necessarily represent the platform's views and opinions.