#NewsInTweets: One Jawan Killed, Two Injured In Attack At Baramulla Army Camp

Posted on October 3, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

New developments are unfolding in Baramulla in Jammu and Kashmir. Late last night, there was a prolonged gun battle between terrorists and Army personnel after alleged terrorists attacked an Army camp at Baramulla.

This is what we know so far:

Heavy exchange of fire had been reported last night.

News about the attack spread quickly, with word reaching the Home Minister and other officials.

Two jawans have reportedly been injured. The attack apparently began after the militants tried to reach the Army camp through a public park but were stopped.

Reports also confirmed that one jawan was killed in the attack.

While earlier reports stated that the militants may have escaped, later it was reported that two may have been killed.

As per Army reports, the situation is now under control and additional personnel were sent in.

Post the attack, the Defence Minister swung into action, while the security situation was reviewed.

Meanwhile search operations continue in the camp as well as combing of the Jhelum river.

Image for representation only. Source: Paula Bronstein/Getty Images