This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Alankar Meshram. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Why I’m Excited About Rendezvous – IIT Delhi’s Annual Cultural Fest

By Alankar Meshram:

I have always loved the concept of college fests. They mean 3-4 days away from the usual classes and an escape into moments. Little moments which stay with me for a long time.

It was a mildly cool October evening on the last day of Rendezvous 2014, the annual cultural fest of IIT-Delhi. Octobers in Delhi are quite pleasant. A calm breeze runs through the nights announcing the onset of winter. The nights are a treat, and more so in a fest like Rendezvous.

The fest had been full of life with a plethora of events happening all around the campus. With artists like KK and The Local Train having already performed last night, It was obviously going to be very hard for any artist to be better than them on the last day. Almost all the competitive events had ended by now and the only thing left was the performance of Arijit Singh, the headliner of the fest. The campus had been going crazy over the event for the preceding few weeks, and it was only a few hours away. Needless to say, there was a huge line for the event. It was more than 100 metres long. We lined up for the same and in 30 minutes or so entered the giant IIT Open Air Theatre, which has the capacity to hold more than 8,000 people. More than half of the stadium had already been filled and we were glad to have made it on time. We were all set, pumped up and restless for the performance.

The show was a huge success as the entire crowd sang the chorus of almost every number. It was one of the best live acts I’d ever seen and I was glad to have made it to the show. It was not just the performance of the artist, but the fun time I had with my friends that I’ll remember forever. The night only grew younger with each track and we had the time of our life. It was a different world altogether. Away from all the hustle and bustle of daily life, it was Rendezvous. It was the chat and laughter with my friends under the October night sky that I’ll always cherish.

iit-rendezvous

This year, as we gear up to host Rendezvous 16, we aim to create the same magic. With stars like Vishal Dadlani and international groups like Drowning Pool, the nights are going to be amazing. But the single most wonderful thing about this edition of Rendezvous has to be Dreamville. A land of dreams where you can spend all your nights playing, eating and chilling out with your friends. Performances by international artists, poker tournaments, laser-tags, EDM Fiesta, magic shows are just some of the things which Dreamville will offer. More importantly, it’s about you and how you want to spend your time. By munching your way through multiple cuisines or enjoying the fireworks while sitting on a beanbag.

It’s not the competition, the performances or the events that matter in the end, but the night outs that you spend with your friends on the streets of IIT Delhi. Rendezvous is a place to unite, discover and celebrate the festival of life. Let’s rendezvous this October. You know when and where.

_

Images provided by author.
  1. anon

Well written 😀

More from Alankar Meshram

By Author Anonymous

By Migita Dcruz

By AAA BBB