In Photos: The Annual Fest At Xavier Institute Of Management, Bhubaneshwar

Posted on November 21, 2016 in Activities on Campus, Campus Watch

By Poulami Bhattacharjee:

As winter knocks on the door, the mood at Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneshwar (XIMB), slowly changes. It becomes the time to come together to welcome Xpressions, the annual cultural management fest of the Institute. Every year, Xpressions is held in the month of November showcasing the capabilities of the students from various B-schools across India in the form of various events and contests, starting from business simulation games to case studies, Model United Nations, ‘nukkad natak’, War of Bands, Carnival De Vogue, dance competitions and last but not the least, Celeblitz – the celebrity night.

Here is a glimpse of Xpressions ’16. Let the photos of the exhilarating and energetic three-day fest at XIMB take you on a ride!

celeblitz-1

This was for all our social media viewers and partners of Xpressions ’16. The final poster introduced our showstoppers – Shankar Ehsaan Loy and Lagori of Coke Studio!

xpressions-8

The enthusiasm for the event was clearly visible through the campus décor, from where a spooky and eerie feeling along with a contrast of hope and happiness to keep the evil spirits away came.

xpressions-1-1

The fest started with the prelims of the business simulation games, and Goonj- the singing competition that made singers flock together to showcase their voice.

xpressions-4

The day ended with the awesome and energetic performance by Lagori from Coke Studio, that made the crowd groove to their hypnotic beats. Rock fusion is always appreciated.

xpressions-5

Xpressions ’16, being the annual fest of one of the best B-schools, left no stone unturned to conduct various business case study events. Namely, Case In point, Maven, Nirnaya and Mpower. It brought about the development of the business acumen in today’s generation, giving them a virtual feeling of what the real world is all about, through actual cases and human simulated situations.

untitled-design-1

Culturally, Xpressions has never been the one to stay behind, starting from uber-fashion events such as the Carnival De Vogue to the dance contests, songs, street plays, group activities, Maxim Mela, face painting, Paint@XIMB, finding the best RJ in town and what not. One could not feel bored in those three days! Why? Because Xpressions had it all for you under one roof!

xpressions-7

And finally, the biggest and most touted event of all!! Celeblitz – the celebrity night, was graced by the presence of the magical trio – Shankar, Ehsaan and Loy who mesmerised the crowd with all their famous numbers. Sajda, Mast Magan, Rock On and the all-time favourite Breathless. The swooning crowd, rocking performances, lights and sound and all that jazz. Couldn’t have been better! Xpressions ’16 ended with a high note promising to come back in an even greater avatar the next winter as Xpressions ’17.

_

Image provided by author.

This post has been done in collaboration with Xavier institute of Management, Bhubaneshwar