Aleppo Has Happened In Past And Would Happened Again If We Will Keep Listening

Posted by Asrarul Haque Jeelani
December 19, 2016

Aleppo is blazing now, right infront of our eyes, in the age of social media when we can watch every kind of news around the world in few seconds and can avail video in 360 degree. Aleppo is here in our time but don’t forget that Aleppo didn’t happen in past and would not happen in future if humanity would take same standpoint as we are and as our predecessor did. The question is how humanity can withstand and tolerate such extreme brutality right infront of their eyes? Yes it is possible because the people under persecution has been dehumanized, has been portrayed as terrorist, as animals, dogs, illogical and ignorant masses. Unconsciously our contemporary fellow human is consuming this kind of fodder for intellect, infact it is being feed by creating conditions. In continuation of the crisis or genocide or holocaust whatever you perceive as, the people from Syria has started migrating to different parts of the world amid of which different scholars, philosophers, political leaders and even citizen of different countries especially from European countries has seen them as pollutants of the social order however some other accepted them as fellow citizen. When we imprint the images of the people as evil of the world, the task become easy to see them dying, crying them harsh, watching blank faces of the children and witnessing their farewell videos. Its’ all done, time will pass and next generation will read these massacre in history book and again next Aleppo will happen, might be our community or countrymen would die infront of their eyes those who are being killed today.

I would not present the figure of death and displacement, rape and disappearance but rather try to ignite your imagination point because imagination is more important the knowledge as Albert Einstein believed in and Wright Mills concept of sociological imagination is need of the time to connect through. Lack of imagination, prediction and social prognosis has weakened our intellect to think over the future and connection of the stories of past and present to the future happening or mishappening. History has witnessed the fact that when one group of people didn’t realize and imagine the consequences of the act of violence and oppression until and unless came to their door step. Famous statement or piece of provocative poem of Martin Niemoller, a German anti Nazi theologian is

First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Socialist.

Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Trade Unionist.

Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me

Today one community or in one part of the world, fellow human is facing genocide and we have normalize the massacre or it is not striking our conscious to even think for our future courtyard where our own daughter and son would be lying dead, chopped part of our near and dear ones would be scattered infront our eyes and we will be helpless despite other part of the world would have watching you crying not over social media but global media, an imagined high tech world.

The ruination of the world is happening not by the devil of the world, the destruction of our conscious is not by evil one but we are happily consuming their plan, they just create condition and we take part in destruction unconsciously.  Albert Einstein has said “the world is dangerous place to live; not because of people who are evil, but because of people who don’t do any thing it.” The people who don’t resist, who don’t imagine, who don’t unlock their conscious are responsible for the holocaust, destruction and extinction. Don’t forget the past genocide in Armania, Germany, Bosnia, Rwanda, Darfur and currently Aleppo. And in near future the massacre would happen in Sudan, Palestine, Kashmir and Myanmar, so wait for your chance or resist the act of genocide.