My First Vibrator (Was A Washing Machine): An Amazing Podcast That Smashes Taboos

Posted by Saswati Chatterjee in Sex
December 21, 2016

In a country where even mentioning the word ‘orgasm’ can have people cover their mouths in horror, the idea of a woman openly talking about pleasure is something of a novelty. And not just that, but actively working towards creating her own pleasure? Oh, whoa.

In many cultures across the world, a woman’s sexuality is seen as something inherently sinful – something to be bound and controlled carefully. It’s tied up with ideas of honour and tradition and purity, all loaded ideas which are meant to cloak the subject with silence and treat it as something sinful,something wrong.

But, as this podcast by Agents of Ishq says, there’s nothing wrong with it. It’s something really natural and yes, fun! But women (especially in India) almost instinctively know not to share this information with their parents or anyone else, almost as if they realize that society will not be welcoming to the idea. And that’s sad because everyone should be able to embrace their sexuality. Maybe even sit on a washing machine and discover something wonderful!

Also listen: This Man’s Narration Of His Sexual Experiences Smashes The Taboo Around Sex In India

Did you know you can add a post on Youth Ki Awaaz too? Get started here.