This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Biswanath Rath. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

The ‘Right’ Glass Prevents Us From Seeing Child Rights

More from Biswanath Rath

On 20th November (celebrated globally as Universal Children’s Day) Day), multi-award winning film production company ‘BnR Films’ has released the much-awaited Social Short Film  “The ‘Right’ Glass”, produced by We4You (a Bhubaneswar based Youth NGO). It has been themed on Child Rights. This silent film, originally made as an entry for Kallola Short Film Festival (organized by UNICEF), went on two receive two awards and Official Selections/Screenings in 34 International Film Festivals within less than two years of its first premiere in Srishti Short Film Festival, Bhubaneswar (Odisha). Amongst these 34 IFF, 23 festivals have been held outside India where the film has represented India/Asia. Moreover, in 7 of these 23 festivals, TRG was the only film from India to have been screened. The film has been Written, Edited and Directed by Award-winning Writer-Director Biswanath Rath (the founder & CEO of BnR Films) who is known for his internationally acclaimed short films, ad-films and music videos.

The ‘Right’ Glass (TRG) reminds every one of the inviolable human rights that each and every child is born with and the responsibility that each of us, as a member of family, community and society has in ensuring that no child is denied his or her basic rights.

Director Biswanath who hails from Jeypore (Odisha) says, “Child labour is one among the many major issues related to Child Rights and happens to be the one widely prevailing.  But more than the issue, it’s everyone’s ignorance towards the problem, which worsens this problem. ‘The ‘Right’ Glass’ is an attempt in making everyone realize this harsh reality of our society.

TRG being our first ad-film and also our first silent film, we are overwhelmed with the kind of response/recognition it has received so far. It’s an honor for me, for all the cast and crew members of TRG, team members of We4You (Producer) and BnR Films to represent India/Asia in 23 International Film Festivals outside India. Afghanistan Human Rights Film Festival-Kabul, PLZ International Film Festival-Paris, Sciuridae International Film Festival-USA and Samawa Cinema-Iraq  are even more special to us since in these festivals, TRG was the only film from India to get screened. But more than the awards and festivals, it’s the love from audience, critics, fans from all over the world that has inspired us to keep making such socially-relevant films with global appeal. Now with the YouTube release of this film, we hope the message of the film will reach to an even bigger audience base. With this, we do hope to create a positive impact on the society.”

Sunglasses prevents us from sun rays. Likewise, “The ‘Right’ Glass” prevents us from seeing/realizing the most critical right of children: Right to Education.

Biswanath Rath is the Founder & CEO of BnR Films LLP, a Chennai based Film Production company (co-founded by his wife Archana Rath) which produces Ad-Films, TV Commercials, Corporate Videos, Music Videos, Documentaries, Promotional Films, Short Films and feature films. All the ad-films/short films/music videos produced by the company (written-directed by Biswanath) have received numerous awards and recognitions in International film festival circuit. Recently his English Documentary ‘A Zero To Hero Collaborative Approach’, released on World Food Day (16 Oct) was in National Media for its inspiring story/subject. The filmmaker has also directed a Tamil Music Video (for leading Media Brand in India), which is slated to release this year.

In the past, the studio’s very first short film ‘Kar Bhalaa’ (Hindi-Tamil) had received 2 Awards and 26 International Film Festival (IFF) Screening. Likewise, it’s very first International Music Video ‘Feel The Passion’ (English) has received 9 International Film Festival screenings till date. Out of total 70 International film festivals mentioned above, 43 festival screenings have taken place outside India (USA, UK, Italy, Paris, South America, Australia, Russia, Afghanistan and many other countries in Asia, Europe) where these films have represented India.

Presently BnR Films has got presence in Chennai, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Delhi, Bhubaneswar, Kochi, Guwahati and Pune. BnR Films aims to make films based on local content with global appeal. This includes feature films, social ad-films and documentaries on a wide range of subjects, concepts and themes.

More from Biswanath Rath