This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Artika Raj. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

How To Make Sure Thousands Read Your Post On Youth Ki Awaaz

More from Artika Raj

YKA being a platform gets flooded with a lot of posts every day and round-the-clock. In this, to make sure your post stands out and gets read by many, here are a few things you could keep in mind before you hit ‘Publish’!

1. Make sure your topic of choice raises an important question of socio-political relevance and is not fictional.

2. If you are writing an article, begin by stating your point clearly. Think of the story structure as coat hanger, with the hook being the first half-dozen paragraphs. If you don’t get the hook right, readers are unlikely to keep reading.

3. If you start with an anecdote, it should illustrate the main point to come in the para that comes right after, explaining news value or relevance of the story for readers.

4. Don’t assume that people know: a) explain to the reader why they should care, and b) tie whatever you’re writing about, if possible, to broader trends or things in the news. Your writing should make your piece interesting for those who might not even be related/aware of the topic. Be precise in your explanation.

5. Follow a chronological order, if possible, and remember that readers have a short-attention span, so avoid repetition of any kind.

6. Close your story on a note that is unbiased and forces the reader to think, long after they are finished with reading your piece.

7. In case you are submitting videos or photos, it is important to set context for what people are about to see. Make sure you highlight the relevance of your post for them and keep the writing concise, letting the visual medium do the storytelling.

8. Short posts of length 300-500 words work best. And for longer pieces, 1000 words are ideal.

9. Make sure all your facts are properly sourced and only license-free images have been used in your post.

10. When deciding on a title: make sure it is not abstract, represents the post well, creates curiosity but is not click-bait. Try keeping it to less than 10 words. The more personal, the better.

11. In your author bio, mention who you are, what you do and share your Twitter handle if you’d like people to reach out to you.

12. Last but not the least, ensure your article is grammatically sound and doesn’t plagiarise from anywhere.

Oh, and once your post is up, don’t forget to share the link with your friends and family – on WhatsApp, Facebook and Twitter!

1. Youth Ki Awaaz

How do we know that what numbers of viewers on particular article.

1. Anshul Tewari

Hey there! We haven’t enabled analytics for users yet but are working on a beta launch soon. We will be sending out an email to all our users when we launch. Till then, the shares on your article and the number of recommendations are a great way to check how many people liked and recommended your posts.

2. sk raja

hello bro how are you

2. Navneel Maji

Why when I submitting, it is coming as “self-Published”, and not under any category such as “Pop-culture, Politics,..”.
    Secondly, how to change the display picture of my post from that weird bhompoo one?

Or, it we have to send the article directly to YKA? In that case, what is their email ID? and on what format do I have to submit (pdf, word,..)?

1. Raju Boro

Same case with me…any idea how to put the article under category

2. Anshul Tewari

Hey Navneel and Raju – YKA is an open platform – which means you can publish your posts yourself. You do not need to send them to any email ID. Our moderators review every post on YKA and after review, they are added to different categories on the platform. We do this ourselves to make the publishing process easy and convenient for you – and not one where you have a lot to check before you publish. Sometimes, however, when the posts do not directly fit in any of the categories, we leave them as self-published for people to read them on your profile. As far as the display photo, or the “featured image” is concerned, we’ve now enabled a feature for you to upload the featured image yourself. Hope this helps.

3. Dhiren Newar

Same here..

3. Madhusudan Dixit

ट्विटर पर ट्वीट करते हुए सोचता था कि संवेदनशील होते होंगे ट्विटर अकाउंट संचालित करने वाले।परन्तु अफसोस है कि त्वरित कार्यवाही के नाम पर निवर्तमान रेल मंत्री श्री सुरेश प्रभु ने तो अच्छा काम किया है।बाकी सब ट्वीट-ट्वीट मे ही खुश हैं।

4. Pallishree Pattanayak

Thank u YKA for providing an effective platform for raising my voice against all social stigmas.I was searching the same before and i ve started sharing my pain through my pen.As I’m new in this site i hope ll learn quickly from you and oneday will be a best writer.Thank you for helping me doing my social resposibility as a citizen.

5. Dhiren Newar

How to publish in featured category?

1. Husna Bint Azeem

Have the same question!

6. Deoshri Chauhan

Thank you for all the amazing suggestions !!!! Most importantly thank you for this platform .

7. Bharti Sharma

THANKS YOUTH KI AWAAZ FOR BEING SO…

8. Rashmi Mahat

Thank you for such a insightful guidelines and providing platform.

9. chanchalyaten

A heartfelt thanks for providing such an amazing platform.

10. Barsha Sethia

I wanted to know that can I publish a write-up on YKA which I have already published on my personal WordPress blog?

1. Anugraha Hadke

Hi Barsha, absolutely! Please go ahead and publish the post 🙂

More from Artika Raj

By Internshala

By Anshul Tewari

By Anshul Tewari