This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by ishan arora. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

How Manipal Has Become The Hub Of Emerging Entrepreneurs

More from ishan arora

By Ishan Arora:

Lately, there has been a lot of buzz about the emerging startup trend in India; however, starting up in India is not an easy task especially if the person is not an IIT/IIM graduate. Though entrepreneurship can’t be taught, the skills of a good entrepreneur can be improved. With this goal in mind, many Indian colleges and B-schools are encouraging students to take up entrepreneurship as a career. These colleges are not only providing their students with the infrastructure and the support they need but also helping them establish their own ventures.

Though many entrepreneurs belong to metro cities, the ones from small towns are not far behind. The towns which earlier lacked infrastructure are now becoming the hub of new ventures. One such town which has produced an enormous number of leaders and entrepreneurs is Manipal. With a student population of more than 25000 and a diverse culture, this place is known for its quality education. The presence of top notch colleges like TAPMI, Manipal University and KMC guarantees the success of its students.

Here’s a list of famous entrepreneurs produced by Manipal-

Ragtagger Lifestyle Pvt Ltd.

The co-founder of Ragtagger Lifestyle Pvt Ltd., Simeran Bhasin has successfully shaped brands like Fastrack and Wildcraft in the past. An alumna of T.A. Pai. Management Institute, Manipal, Simeran always believed in her capabilities and with the vision of starting her own brand, she worked really hard and eventually formed her own brand called Brag in the year 2016.

Giftxoxo.com

Sumit, an alumnus of TAPMI, Manipal helped in the launch of Giftxoxo in the year 2012. He is one of the co-founders of giftxoxo.com. It is a platform for those who struggle to come up with meaningful gift ideas. The company is in its growing phase and generated around ₹40 crore in the year 2015-16

Absyz.com

Absyz is an aggressively growing organisation in the sales force ecosystem. It was founded by Anshul Jain and Balesh Lakshminarayanan, two former students of TAPMI, Manipal,  in the year 2011. The company’s supremacy lies in the fact that it is amongst the few partners catering solely to sales force services. It is growing at a fast pace and promises to hold a top position in the sales force ecosystem in the near future.

Jobspire.com

Jobspire.com is a platform that provides end to end recruiting solutions for Indian startups. It was launched in March 2015 by the founders Kartik Luke Singh, Varun Mayya, Sandesh Kini, and Mohak Dhingra while they were studying in their seventh semester at MIT, Manipal. The fortune of the business changed in September 2015, when the founders raised an investment of $262K. Since then, Jobspire has been a successful venture and never looked back.

Entrepreneurship is all about discovering opportunities and transforming those opportunities into businesses by taking chances. It is a test of dedication, determination, commitment, passion and perseverance and the person with all these qualities moves on to become an adept entrepreneur.

With the belief that “Most successful entrepreneurs don’t begin with brilliant ideas – they discover them,” T. A. Pai Management Institute, Manipal is conducting an entrepreneurial event – ‘DEFI 2017’, which aims to give wings to the entrepreneurial dreams of thousands of students across the country.

DEFI, which stands for ‘Inspire, Ideate & Innovate’ will provide the participants with a platform to bring their ideas to life and showcase them visually through prototyping. The shortlisted candidates will be given an opportunity to attend a workshop conducted by NASSCOM, where industry experts will train them. The topics will be, ‘On how To Develop A Business Plan’ and ‘Deliver An Effective Elevator Pitch’. After the workshop, selected teams will participate in a 30-hour hackathon, where they will work on building a prototype of their idea. The winners will get an incubation opportunity by MUTBI – one of the prestigious incubators in the country.

For registration, please visit http://defi.incubatehub.com/#/

_

Image source: World Economic Forum/ Flickr

This post has been done in collaboration with T. A. Pai Management Institute, Manipal.

1. Sudat Rao

Nice Post.
    and i also believe that creativity is the key to innovation and innovation is the only constant

More from ishan arora

By Imran Hasib

By Anika Eliz

By Sahil Basu