Why Are We Shocked To See This?

This morning I read this news and went down memory lane. I was six when I faced sexual abuse for the first time from my cousin and then at ten, by my tuition teacher for over six months. Today, I am 38 years, and they must be 50 and 65, with an easy access to children, and grandchildren. There may be other 4,999 more getting abused because even though I want to complain and fight against them, the battle is almost impossible through the law… or maybe I haven’t been able to find one. There is no evidence, eyewitness, or proof. Yes, I am on therapy for depression caused due to those abuses, but that doesn’t prove anything.

I call out to those men and women, who were sexually abused as children, to come out and join me in this fight and ask the lawmakers to help us get rid of these criminals or for people to at least see the faces of the ones, who may already be abusing their children.

If you are a survivor, parent or guardian who wants to seek help for child sexual abuse, or know someone who might, you can dial 1098 for CHILDLINE (a 24-hour national helpline) or email them at dial1098@childlineindia.org.in. You can also call NGO Arpan on their helpline 091-98190-86444, for counselling support.