Why I Am Desperate

Posted by Harshita Rajoria
January 24, 2017

I was attending a very big fest in my city when I overheard 2 girls conversing with each other and one of them asked the other one “Are you such a despo?” and the latter stood numb.

She behaved as if she had committed some mistake. I don’t get it. Why do people behave like this? Since when did something as simple as a word started sounding so obnoxious.

When I googled the word this was the meaning that I found. So, the next time someone asks you if you are desperate?

Reply them with this:

Yes, I am desperate,                                     I am desperate to learn.                             I am desperate to earn.                               I am desperate to travel.                           I am desperate to spend my earned money my way.                                           I am desperate to read books, watch movies, listen music,etc.                           I am desperate to have sex and why shouldn’t I be because the things we are kept far away from excite us the most.                                                             I am desperate to find that one person whom I will spend my rest of the life with.                                                               And lastly, I am desperate to live my life my way so that when people point out at me, I can tell you the meaning and make you understand that there is nothing wrong in being desperate.

A budding(aspiring) writer.                         Harshita Rajoria