Please! Stop to Mislead voters in State elections through National leader’s Branding.

Posted by nishank Banka
February 24, 2017

The Government of India is a federal government established by the Constitution of India as the constituted governing authority of the union of 29 states and seven union territories of a proclaimed and established parliamentary democratic republic, constitutionally called the Republic of India. Article 1 of the constitution declares that India, that is Bharat, shall be a Union of States. Part XI of the Indian constitution defines the power distribution between the federal government (the Centre or union) and the states in India. This part is divided between legislative, administrative and executive powers. Both the governments have different powers and different duties to perform. For the commission of central government Loksabha elections are conducted and for state election Vidhansabha elections are conducted

In loksabha election we elect Member of Parliament from our respective constituency. Party who able make majority in loksabha with max. no. of MPs, they comes to power. In loksabha elections generally we give more focus on the PM candidate of different political parties that going to contest election, accordingly cast vote in favor that party whose we like to have PM through giving our vote to the MP candidate of our respective area. Let’s take the example of 2014 election, BJP had won the election with full majority. And the main reason behind this, is the face of Narendra Modi as PM candidate for India from BJP i.e.,”MODI LAHAR”.

In 2014 election it was observed that many MPs from BJP with criminal background or not having good reputation in their respective area, even though they were able to win only because of “MODI Lahar”. In Many constituency it was found that and MP candidate for their respective constituency was able to win their seats like in Ujiyarpur(a constituency in Bihar) Nityanand Rai of Hajipur was able to win his seat even though he was totally unknown to locals. Simply “MODI” branding did work in loksabha election. Somehow how this branding was also justifiable as MODI was the one who is going to itself for PM candidate. So there was not cheating with the public during election.

But again why MODI branding is being continuously used by BJP in every state election. This is totally misleading people with this branding as in reality MODI has not to do with state government. He was elected for center and his work is associated with center govt.’s work. He should not care about state govt. Even if BJP is able to win the state election with the face of modi again CG has not to do anything with state government functionality. It is the cm, state ministers and MLA who to do with state government functionality.

The main problem is that BJP or other party is portraying the face of their national leader, whom they have nothing to do with all these. CG can’t do any state government’s functionality. Like to maintain law and order (Police) is duty of state govt., in general CG has not do anything with law and order. Similarly for constructing National Highways it is duty of center, State has not anything to do with constructions of highways. Both govt.

Voter also have to understand this fact properly. Central Govt. is not anything to do with state govt. For the state elections they have to forget any national face of any party. Only thing they have to focus is on their respective MLA and cm candidate of that party for their state elections. MODI is performing great at center but this doesn’t mean that BJP will also perform great state level too. People should focus only on their local MLA candidate or CM candidate, If Any party is also good at state level then obviously go for it. But doesn’t judge a party in Vidhasabha elections with his performance at center level. Good reputation of Father cannot guarantee that Son is also good. Judge on the quality of himself not on the quality of father. If CG’s leader ask you to bring their party in state too then they will going to do that development work, then voter should counter question them why they will do that work only if they  party too come in state, you are already in center you should perform that. Plese stop this national level branding at state level.

People have understand the difference between Loksabha and Vidhansabha elections. They have to treat both govt. separately. I also argue to political parties to don’t mislead this public in state elctions with the face their national leader. Please contest election in fair manner don’t try to use National Leader Branding in their state elections. Modi is performing at great at center but this doesn’t guarantee that BJP will also perfrom better in state elections. Cast your vote to BJP on their state level agenda, state level ministers. If You find BJP or your MLA candidate is best option then go for it but doesn’t cast your candidate on the name of National level.

Whatsoever development work done by CG, it is their duty to perform at center level. But don’t ask vote in state election by highlighting the works done in center, this may mislead the public. This is election, not a war in which you have to win through any means. Or election is not any corporate war in which political parties can do anything gain market share. Election should be contest in fair manner, don’t corporatize it. I request people to cast their vote very carefully as their vote is the tool which is going to decide their future and welfare and also it is only you who is going benefit or suffer from the election results, not the political leaders.