Why I’m Happy That POTUS Is A Radical And Racist Man

Posted by Hanzala Mojibi in GlobeScope, Racism
February 1, 2017

I’m glad Trump won. There, I said it. And I have all the reasons why.

2016. Islamophobia is at its highest. Throughout the world, we see allegations and rants against Muslims. Hate is the only noun that surfaces when Islam is brought up. It’s become a synonym for us. Barbarity, in general, is at the pinnacle. Most people have lost hope in humanity. I used to be one of them. I strongly believed that there was no turning back from where we were headed. And Trump’s manifesto promised an inevitable doom.

And then the unprecedented happened. January 6, 2017. Trump had been elected to rule the most powerful state of the world. I tore at my hair. I hoped for miscalculations or errors. I wanted it to be a dream. Yet, it wasn’t. We had to accept it.

Let’s face the truth. Hillary is no saint. And “better” doesn’t suffice for you to be elected president. Her being in charge wouldn’t change anything. It wouldn’t stop the bombs. It wouldn’t stop the massacre or plunder. It wouldn’t stop little kids from being orphaned or mothers from being widowed. It wouldn’t stop the funding of Israel. It wouldn’t stop USA from any of their crimes really. Trump is a person who stabs you while facing you. I’d rather have that than a serpent friend up my sleeve.

This week, Trump signed an executive order which led to the ban of refugees and people from seven Islamic states to enter into the US. What happened next blew my mind. Just when I thought I was done with expecting humanity and support, the world proved me wrong. The protests that followed made me re-evaluate my judgement. From giant companies like Twitter and Facebook to the common public out on the streets, all came out against the immigration ban.

I’ve never witnessed such an amazing turn out for Muslims, especially in the US. I never expected it to be condemned by so many. From actors and CEO’s to, surprisingly, some of the USA government officials, all who stood up, moved me with their support and courage.

When Islamophobia and hate are being pushed up against your face from television to social media, it sends out the strongest of messages about us Muslims. No matter what condition we’re in, no matter how much hate and scorn you try to build up, no matter how much you try to instigate us, we’re humans and humanity shall prevail.

So I’m glad Trump became President and expressed his views openly on Islam. I’m happy that @POTUS is a chauvinistic, radical and racist man. Because the people stand up against him and all that he believes in. For once, they set aside race, gender and religion to raise their voice against a common enemy. They give us hope for a future. In these dire times, that’s all to live by.