‘Wake Up Government! TB Has Become An Epidemic In India’

Posted by Survivors Against TB in Health & Life, Video
March 27, 2017

Survivors Against Tuberculosis (SATB) – a community led movement aimed at strengthening India’s fight against TB, on March 24, launched a series titled “Talking TB” – a set of video message logs to address India’s TB epidemic. The series will carry messages from TB survivors, Members of Parliament (MPs), national and international experts and public health specialists on key issues surrounding TB.

“Talking TB is an attempt to start a conversation on the disease that includes everyone. For too long, the conversation on TB has been dominated only by doctors and experts. It’s time to broaden the discussion and include everyone to hear their perspectives,” says Chapal Mehra, who conceptualised Talking TB and is the convenor of SATB.

One of the first video messages is by Kalikesh Singh Deo, a Member of Parliament who has been engaged in issues around TB. “With an Indian dying of TB at every minute, we can no longer wait,” he says in his message, urging the government to take swift action on TB.