Few important news stories which we happened to overlook amidst the JNU-ABVP-Gurmehar Kaur controversy:
1) Isha Foundation did not have approval for construction of Shiva statue: Tamil Nadu government
(Bada jaldi jaage?)
2) 6 days after rebuking Trai over Reliance Jio offer, Telecom Secretary JS Deepak transferred.
(Chalta hai. Ambani ne 4G free diyaa!)
3) How can I get 0 votes if I voted for myself? asks an Independent candidate who contested in the BMC polls.
(Hinting at EVM tampering? NOOOO!)
4) Aadhaar biometric data breach was detected, triggering privacy concerns.
(Har aadmi ka adhikaar, data par bhi?)
5) Pope Francis has quietly reduced sanctions against a handful of pedophile priests, applying his vision of a merciful church.
6) Few of Karnataka’s coastal districts, which usually receive above average rainfalls, are facing an abnormal drought.
(1 Like = 1 Pray)
7) The Madras high court restored the supply of river water to plants of soft-drink majors Pepsi and Coca Cola in southern Tamil Nadu.
(This decision comes out just as the TN retailers decide to boycott the said companies’ products.)
8) Indian Army whistleblower jawan Roy Mathew found dead after exposing Sahayk system, committed suicide claim officials.
(Wo dal waale k kya haal hai bhai?)
9) 9 union banks, over 10 lakh employees went on a strike on 28th Feb to protest the government’s “anti-people banking reforms”
(while private banks were not a party to the strike, the cheque clearances were adversely affected. Thankfully, we’re not 100% cashless yet.)
10) Many banks to charge upto ₹150 per transaction for more than 4-5 cash transactions per month.
(Forcing people to go cashless? Cool. We’re tolerant.)
11) 7% GDP estimates are based on limited database, more complete information by next year: Chief Statistician TCA Anant
(Mujhe bhi BCOM me 90% aaya. MHRM aur Export ko count nahi karoge toh)