The World’s Most Ambitious Incubator, Exclusively For Nonprofits, Launched!

Posted by thenudge
March 1, 2017

In the recent years, a large number of socially conscious youth have been looking to create large scale social impact through their own nonprofit ventures. N/Core, an incubator exclusively for nonprofits, was launched recently to support these new nonprofit startups achieve their dreams.

N/Core is an initiative of The/Nudge Foundation, the Bangalore-based poverty alleviation startup.  N/Core is building the necessary ecosystem for early-stage nonprofits by attracting smart people and providing them with seed grants, co-working space, guidance and mentorships, and the right connections for growth, all for free. For the first time in India, 100+ of the most renowned leaders from start-ups, non-profits, and large corporates with diverse backgrounds are coming together as a ‘Collective’ to mentor the incubated non-profit start-ups. The/Nudge will invest over 50 crores to incubate and support 100+ non-profit start-ups through N/Core over the next five years.

N/Core Collective: 50+ of most renowned founders, CXOs and changemakers

Atul Satija, Founder and CEO of The/Nudge, said, “The magnitude of India’s poverty and related problems needs our entire generation to invest itself single-mindedly into solving this issue. With N/Core, we want to make it easier for the ones who care to jump in and do their bit. N/Core is a bold attempt to help create a new breed of high-impact and scalable non-profits.”

This Bangalore-based incubator is launching its first programme, ‘N/Core Alpha’, together with Social Alpha. It is a “2-week immersion program”, in Bangalore, that provides exclusive hands-on support and resources (grants, mentorship and more..) to early-stage nonprofits. It is open to nonprofits startups from across India and will include targeted masterclasses, 1-on-1 mentoring, and direct access to the most relevant connections. The programme is free of charge for the selected nonprofits and their travel and 2-week accommodation in Bangalore are also covered.

Anantha Padmanabhan, CEO, Azim Premji Philanthropic Initiatives, said, “The ambition and scale of N/Core are unmatched in the sector. The team at The/Nudge has the capabilities to pull off this audacious project.  Moreover, the roster of mentors and leaders who have come together at N/Core is sure to make any non-profit feel welcome. N/Core will inject start-up philosophy into the sector, and could very well mark a turning point in the way non-profits are conceptualised and built.”

The incubator will host non-profits that are 0-3 years old. These will create highly innovative and scalable solutions in areas such as education, healthcare, employability, access to finance, and agriculture. Other focus areas include water, sanitation, energy, gender equality, human rights, and disaster management. N/Core Alpha hopes to build a community of exceptional entrepreneurs who can feed off each other’s talent, creativity, and support. Some of the other partners for N/Core alpha include Ashoka, Dalberg, Deshpande Foundation, Dr. Reddy’s Foundation, Wipro, ACC, and many others.

If you are an entrepreneur who has started – or is planning to start – a nonprofit, do join the N/Core programme. The applications are closing on 10th March, you can apply here.