TB Took 6 Years Of My Life Because My Doctor Didn’t Tell Me About This One Test

Posted by Survivors Against TB in Health & Life
March 30, 2017

Survivors Against TB (SATB) – a community led movement aimed at strengthening India’s fight against TB has launched a series titled “Talking TB” – a set of video messages addressing India’s TB epidemic.

The series features personal accounts from TB survivors and Members of Parliament (MPs), as well as discussions by national and international experts and public health specialists on key issues around the disease.

“Talking TB is an attempt to start a conversation on TB that includes everyone. For too long, the conversation on TB has been dominated by doctors and experts. It’s time to broaden the discussion and include everyone to hear their perspectives,” says Chapal Mehra, who conceptualised Talking TB and is Convenor of SATB.

Uploaded on their website, Youtube, Facebook and promoted on Twitter in partnerships with media houses, the video messages hope to engage the broader public in a conversation around TB.

“There is a silence around TB that needs to be broken. Everyone is affected by TB and it’s time we understand this,” says Deepti Chavan, an MDR TB Survivor with SATB.