Most Canadian and the Unites States Universities asks for the Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores which, is a proficiency test in English. To prepare well for any exam, it becomes inevitable to know the syllabus for that particular exam to the core. TOEFL is a simple test that can be cleared easily by putting some dedicated and persistent efforts. There are some tasks involved in the execution of the exam, which is a must know for any TOEFL aspirant.
Three tasks are there for an aspirant to perform:
- Listen and later speak in response to a question
- Read, Listen and later speak in response to a question
- Read, Listen and later Write in response to a question
To understand the syllabus in a broader way, we will break the TOEFL syllabus into four parts:
- Reading: This section involves reading 3 or 4 passages from the academic texts and answer questions. 35 to 56 questions are to be completed in 60 to 80 minutes in this section. The aspirants can prepare this section by reading newspapers on a daily basis.
- Listening: This section involves listening to classroom conversations, lectures and discussions and answering the questions later. 34 to 51 questions are to be done in 60 to 90 minutes in this section. The candidate needs to be very attentive and alert while performing this task as the questions will be asked from this part in later stages.
- Speaking: This involves exhibiting an opinion on a familiar topic and speaking based on reading and listening tasks. 6 tasks will be given to get it done in 20 minutes in this section. The understanding ability of a candidate is judged here, and the candidate would be asked to explain the content that he read earlier.
- Writing: This involves writing essay responses based on listening tasks and reading. Also, the candidate has to support an opinion in writing. 2 tasks need to be completed in 50 minutes in this section. Good writing skills are the cracking key here. Practice as much as you can to develop an excellent writing skill.
The key to success in this exam is to practice exhaustively for the mentioned tasks. The candidate has to improve the reading, listening, speaking and writing skills to clear this exam. Explore more about TOEFL to get the clear picture of this exam.
Youth Ki Awaaz is an open platform where anybody can publish. This post does not necessarily represent the platform's views and opinions.