Atheism In India

Posted by Vivek Chaudhary
April 15, 2017

In India, there are millions of Gods and Goddesses claimed to be powerful in different sectors of life. But even though India has most number of Gods, it hasn’t changed the fact India is still suffering from poverty, illiteracy and lot of discrimination by color, gender and caste. Even with Gods specialising in Richness, Knowledge and Strength, we are one of the most poor, illiterate and unsecure nations.

Thousands of children die because of no food even though we have rich gods with rich donations. With cases like Bihar toppers and many more cases referring to illiteracy in India, it’s time question the Goddess of Knowledge. With so many terrorist activities every year, its time to question the strength of the god which is symbol of strength in India.

Even though people say that their religion teaches peace, the fact can’t be ignored that religion is the no.1 cause for mass killing either in Middle East or in India for 5000 years.

No developed nation preaches Gods so much as India but then also we have so much problems like poverty, illiteracy, malnutrition, undeveloped industries, youth committing suicide, drought, farmers committing suicide, superstition related crimes, high murder rates, high molestation rates, high thefts rates, high kidnapping rates, unlimited corruption, Castecism, discrimination etc. But India we are ignoring all that problem and focusing on what? Building temples or mosques, love-jihad, danger from free thinkers, reservations etc. So I think we have forgotten what our priorities should be.

Every legendary scientist was a atheist, freedom fighters like Bhagat Singh were atheists, Dr.B.R.Ambedkar was a atheist (he believed in Buddhism but believed in no god) etc. So why it should be a question that whether we common people should believe in God or not?

People protest against movies like PK and Oh My God for insulting their God but they are unable to tell exactly what was insulted.

With religious terrorist groups as Gau Rakshak Dal(which has killed many people for dead animals) it’s time to question either we are different from our enemy countries.

It’s is very logical question which no-one has been able to answer-

“Is God willing to prevent evil but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither willing nor able? Then why call him God?”-Epicurus

“I don’t need a God which can’t feed hungry child today and promises a heaven tomorrow.” -Kamal Hassan