What is depression?
Depression a serious medical condition in which a person feels very sad, hopeless, and unimportant and often is unable to live in a normal way…
How can you help someone with depression?
1. Life is beautiful, but depression has clouded their sight. Help them clear the fog.
2. Listen to them, dont criticise.
3. Be that 3am friend. Depression is more at night, so be there.
4. “Just be happy” “its all in your mind” “you need to change the way you think” are the worst piece of advice you can give.
5. The S word is serious. If someone talks about suicide its not always attention seeking.
6. Get them Medicines. Severe depression doesnt just go by talking. It creates a chemical imbalance which needs to be cured. Get proper psychiatric help. Counseling comes very handy once the chemicals have been balanced. Then the change starts.
7. Be empathetic – everyone is different. Even a small incident might be huge for a sensitive individual.
The monster is unleashed.. only you can kill it!
I pray that #Arjun‘s soul finds the peace he seeked.. But Suicide isn’t the solution.